Thank you so much for joining the first-ever Dallas 5x5K FOR GOOD! We enjoyed spending a beautiful, socially distanced 24-hours with you. Whether you were in-person on our 5 Dallas courses, or running in your own neighborhood in our Live Virtual Race via Charge, we had a blast! Check out lots of fun photos from the day here.
So many great memories were made:
- The fun had by all who came out and did a night run around AT&T stadium
- Katy Trail was hoppin'!
- The beautiful water views at Farmers Branch
- Grabbing a post-run celebratory beverage at White Rock
- We certainly lucked out on getting such beautiful weather before the rainstorms rolled in!
And for those of us on the Virtual Race, our favorite moments:
- Holding up the number of runs you’d completed for a post-race selfie each time
- Furry friends Rosie & Pepper who made multiple appearances and became our unofficial doggo mascots
- All the beautiful scenery we saw from across the country - from the mountains to the coast, including all those gorgeous sky shots
- Al and the coaches keeping us movin' and groovin' with their upbeat tunes
Our thanks especially go to the DO GOODers who raised money to support one of our charity partners. Your efforts supporting these important causes made the day extra special.
7 p.m. May 14 to 7 p.m. May 15
What is the 5x5K?
We map out five 5K courses in Dallas, Arlington, Farmers Branch and Frisco, and you’ve got 24 hours – from 7:00 p.m. on May 14 to 7:00 p.m. on May 15 – to run (or walk) as many as you want. It’s safe, contactless, self-paced, and COVID-compliant, with app-guided routes. If you’d like to join us from your own neighborhood, read more about our live virtual race.
Experience the thrill of a live event, a community of people taking on the same challenge on the same day. And we’ll be doing some good along the way – if you register with the option to support one of our local charity partners.
What Do I Get?
How Does It Work?
We will set up five start lines in Arlington, Dallas, Farmers Branch, and Frisco. You choose when, where, and how many courses to go to within the 24-hour race period (Note: Some courses will be closed from 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m., depending on local regulations). When you arrive at each one, you’ll scan your QR code and will receive a text with a link to your 5K route in RunGo. Scan again as you leave to confirm you finished the course. Share your times on the RunGo leaderboard to show off!
If you register with the option to fundraise, you’ll also get an online fundraising page where you can collect donations to support one of our charity partners.
Live Virtual Race
You can join the 5x5K FOR GOOD on May 14-15 wherever you live. Our Live Virtual Race option is not your typical virtual run where you’re completely on your own. We will have five scheduled 5Ks where participants all over the country can run or walk together at the same time, with a running coach keeping you motivated and connected, all from the comfort of your own neighborhood or treadmill. Learn more here.
Be a DO GOODer
You can choose to support a charity partner with your participation and fundraise. We will create a fundraising webpage for you (which you can personalize with your own photo and story) and give you tools to help you raise money. There’s no commitment, no requirement to raise a certain amount of money, so there is nothing to lose – and everything to gain.
Add RunGo to your phone so we can provide you with exact turn-by-turn course directions for each 5K on the event day. RunGo also integrates with Strava, so you can share you run with your Strava friends, too.
- Arlington Entertainment District Richard Greene Linear Park, Arlington (Open 24 hours)
Art and nature combine with cool sculptures and beautiful lake views
- Gussie Field Watterworth Park Pavilion, Farmers Branch (this site closed 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
Take time to smell the rose garden as you wander through this beautiful park
- Ballpark Plaza at Dr. Pepper Ballpark, Frisco (this site closed 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
Home of the RoughRiders. Take me out to the ballgame!
- White Rock Alehouse & Brewery, Dallas (this site closed 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
Take in beautiful White Rock Lake and grab a craft brew after your run
- Katy Trail Ice House, Dallas (this site closed 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
Enjoy a burger and a beer after running the historic Katy Trail